new map

Questions, Informations and Discussions
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

new map

Post by DaveAnd___ »

I've been tinkering around with the Editor and had constructed a map and wanted to add a sound effect to an item. So I found the sound online as a wav. I imported it into unreal and attached it to the item. - I then saved the sound (uax). I thought everything would be fine, but when i ran the map up it was unable to retrieve the sound package from the sound file. I tryed going back to the editor (which i had closed) but it could no longer open my map.

I spent a while with a hex editor trying to fix it but was unable to.

Any ideas please :) - In the mean time i'll start it again LOL.

Thanks...
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Fixed

Post by DaveAnd___ »

I managed to open it :) after trying about 10 times the next day. All the textures were gone - but I put them back.
I removed the Audio file remade it and it worked too.

- I had some new ideas which I added to the map :)
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Let us know when its ready :)

Anxious to see how it looks!
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

all done :) and added.

dmUnrealTennis :) Enjoy!

I'm thinking of creating a map with UTweapons - I worked out how to get them into a map. I also have found some other weapons which I have in my editor. Some crazy weapons - and i mean crazy. This would be static weapons - I.E cant switch between Unreal an UTWeapons but just a bit of fun.

My initial plan is to make a "weapon firing range" - not really a map - but a test ground; a place where DOGS can try out the weapons and review them before I go and just add them to maps. I'm not sure when i will have this done (time is getting very tight lately) - but if I keep it simple - I.E just a room with all the new Guns in - it wouldnt take so long.

Just need to check they work online and the weapon files are small.

Varity is the spice of life :)
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

U did good job on that Tennis map :)

DM_trying_other_guns ...lol...how u come up with it...lol

Its a good idea ! Hope its gonna work ! If u need a testperson...lemme know ;)
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

weapons

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Hope you had a nice weekend Mr Wever!

Well I ran up a server with UTWeapons - and a few others - and it all works fine with UTeamFix. I swaped Deck16's weapons to use some different ones too - this needed more work lol.

The only issue I can see is the size of the mods. Some of the weapons can be added per weapon so the download is small - but UTWeapons is 14Mb. You only need to get it once - but dialup players may have issues. I wonder how big UTeamFix is? Well - if we give it a try - then we can see how it plays out. We can always drop the maps which use the mods.

My plan is to swap all the guns in Deck16 with UT guns - just for fun - as a test to get some feedback :)

I'll try to do this this weekend.

For now I need some feedback on the 14Mb issue..... Is this gonna be a big issue?
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Good to be back Mr Dave :) ...and oh boy....we had hottest day in april EVER !!!

IMHO A 14mb download aint a big problem. Since most of the ppl got a nice fast dsl connection.

Ofcourse there are still ppl on dial-up, and yes, it would big effort for them to dl it. But as u said, its gonna be only once....
--= Keep Running =--
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

you could ask Sparky to put the file as a download on the website ,..
that way the dial uppers can get it when ever and have it installed ready for when they play
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

new weapons

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Good idea Googz!

I've constructed a big box room - nothing special, just a box - but I've started adding all the weapons i've collected.

When I have added all of them, I'll run my serverup - and anyone thats around can have a look at the guns.

These will include Weapons from: UT, UnrealForEver, and selected guns from the Snipers Paradise downloads, plus selected guns from Hyper.nl's downloads.

If any one says I got to have this gun ill add it :)
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

If you need any help let me know, Plaidman@hotmail.com.
-> UnLeaded <-
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

:) Thanks UnLeaded!!!

My map making has come to a halt at them moment. I have started a new map, but im not sure when I will start working on it again. If I get stuck I'll email you :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, has anyone go any opinions regarding UT weapons?
Did any one try dmDeck16_UT.unr
and like it / hate it
LOL.

Would like to know what people think - so I know if it's worth spending anymore time on it.
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

could you have both Unreal 1 and UT guns? mixing em would be fun...

what ya think ?
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

yeah! - in deck16 there is two of each weapon - so i could put one of each. The stinger has been replaced with the plasma gun thingy :).