Sparkys Archive

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Oldsparky

Sparkys Archive

Post by Oldsparky »

I have successfully unzipped all the maps in my archive. Total DM maps unzipped number at 2888. Hmmm how about a server running all the maps that will run on version 225F. That is next step, a flex map list and a long round of map testing on a local server. Be interesting to see how many of these actually run. :?: I have put 500 maps into a new list this morning,, wow what a job to make the list. Utf makes a raw list then I cut and paste 2888 entries onto a wflex map ini file. Would be interesting to run maps on line, that seldom see the light of day. Maybe call it the good bad and ugly (Sparky,Turok,Jackal) map server. :D
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

:lol: :lol: Can't wait to see this.
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Gort-{DOG}-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by Gort-{DOG}- »

And put the theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" on EVERY ...SINGLE....ONE

:)

p.s. I could have made it worse by choosing "On Top of Spaghetti"
Oldsparky

Additional Maps for Sickpups

Post by Oldsparky »

I have succeeded in constructing a flex map list of 2888 maps for my test server here locally. It is on the second rotation and I am eliminating maps that either wont run, crash the client, or are not acceptable on moral standards. This is a lengthly process and we are on the third week of this venture and on the second rotation thru the map list. At this point the map count remains at over 2600 maps. I have converted some unrealgold editor maps an am including these. I am making additional cache files as I move along. This is not a quick process. I will need to acquire drive room at the host, TNN, for this new venture into keeping uneal 1 alive if this all works out. This is the main reason I have not been playing a lot on the servers, as I must keep the test server running and reboot as necessary after bad map crashes. I am running the test server and two client player machines on Lan Game to try and make this as good as I can before transferring it on line. No projected completion date yet,, This is a Oldpersons nightmare to not add excess files to the server we already have and to insure we dont disable any existing maps, textures, U files ect. 8)
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

Miss you on the server, take some time every so often. :)
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Hyper
FOD
FOD

Post by Hyper »

Nice work. This truly will be a Legendary Unreal Deathmatch Server.
Alter your reality...forever.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
[url]unreal://unreal.hypercoop.tk[/url]
Oldsparky

It sure takes time

Post by Oldsparky »

2600maps x 4min in rotation=173 hours of server time to rotate thru the map list one time. I have merged the online server and the new additional maps at this point and starting the rotations over again. Good progress so far but slow going. :roll:
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Fantastic

Post by DaveAnd___ »

This is awesome news!

Great work Sparky!
Oldsparky

Uploads

Post by Oldsparky »

Uploads to the server are completed. Working on upload of cache files at a blazing 26K up. There will be 4 new cache files added to existing super cache.

Server statistics are.

2661 maps
1137 textures
386 songs
232 sounds

Working on map list and rotation still here local, but getting closer.
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

Just wondering, and i know what it would entail..but no harm in asking...

Any chance that whole lot could be put for download as they are, NOT cache,...
I would love to have that collection of Maps and use them myself someday
Oldsparky

Real Maps

Post by Oldsparky »

Googy, all those maps are on the map download page under death match maps.
Oldsparky

Some Interesting thoughts.

Post by Oldsparky »

I don't know about the rest of you but the thought of just seeing these maps make me excited to watch them. While looking at these 2600+ maps I have seen the evolution of unreal. Some of these maps are dated and you can see how the game has improved as the maps move thru various modifications. You can see how one map brought about a Idea for another. I also have seen author names I recognize and some I never heard of. There are thousands of man-days poured into these maps, and the authors idea of how unreal should look.

I have not had time to edit the maps thoroughly so you may want to consider these new maps as x rated for a while. I suspect the rotation will take over 36 days when the list actually goes on line. If you see some maps that are moral problems or music problems please drop me a email so I can have it fixed or drop it from the list. I know about there will be whining when the 4 or 5th version of zalhtag comes up, but take time and enjoy each authors unique modification. You will see many maps with music and without. At a later date we will pick the best version and run that, but for now just enjoy the history of unreal in maps.
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

I would make the timelimit 15 min each, most maps are small, you have the files zipped for players, and if the point is for people to see all the different maps, the best way would be if they could at least see 4 / hour. Just a thought :)
-> UnLeaded <-
Oldsparky

Your right,

Post by Oldsparky »

Your right unleaded, now if I can just get them to download the super cache files, all will be cool. Anyone on dialup that needs a dvd or cds, just request them. By the way I am having problems with a couple of your maps and uteam I think. Having some server crashes, more on this later after I get this thing rolling. I do see a lot of maps by people still playing unreal and a lot fixed by you :D
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

cant wait to see them. gonna start downloading the new cache this weekend.