map making and such

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Wargasm-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

map making and such

Post by Wargasm-(DOG)- »

Hi, Im interested in map making and whatever i can do to contribute to unreal for us all. Whether it be adding new music, making skins, playing with maps. I have Unreal Gold though and apparently you need 224 to edit maps etc so it will work for every one. I dont know much about it, but im interested in tooling around with it. I just need a copy of unreal prior to Gold. Im not even sure if im right, but id welcome some help, and id also welcome a copy of the old Unreal 1 :) Does anyone have the original? i have broadband, if i can dload supercache quickly i can most certainly dload unreal 1! any help would be greatly appreciated, in the form of info or whatever you can do.

WOOF
{hLk}Bah
FOD
FOD

Re: map making and such

Post by {hLk}Bah »

You can use UnrealGold to make maps, as long as you make sure you DO NOT put ANY UPak items in the map. As long as there aren't any UPak items in it, it can easily be converted into 225 for use on all servers.
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-DESKTOP-VIDEO-GA ... 7C294%3A50

Try searching here., Its still protected software.
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

War,

Just use the unrealEd you have in you unreal/system folder....

You may want to use a separate install - in case you stomp over anything you use/need while playing online.
You can use MC "from downloads" to port maps back to 225.

Before you do anything though - check unrealEd starts - if it does not - you need to apply the unrealEd patch.
If you are using Vista - you may also need to install the VB RTE.

Let me know where you're at and we can go from there.

It will take some time to get use to using the editor.

Dave
Wargasm-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Wargasm-(DOG)- »

Thanks for the offer to help guys! i am working on my first map and all is well. Thanks to Tray for helping me with his vast unreal knowledge, Im almost done, i just wanna improve the lighting a little and some small things and you guys can check it out. Please remember this is my first map and i essentially have no clue what im doing, but its going better than i thought it would. Im starting to understand the editor a little more. Cant wait to get fragged in my own map lol!