Need Editor help

Questions, Informations and Discussions
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Need Editor help

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I have a weird problem with editor.
You maybe know, that in some maps when you shoot Barrels or Boxes Pupaes come out or they contain other things like health, weopons or ammo.
Well, I tried to add Pupaes to Barrels under Properties/Decoration/Contents, but always when I choose Pupaes and click on Use the only thing I get is None. It's not possible to add Pawns to a Barrel or a Box. I looked in maps where Pupaes are set as content and they are normal Barrels and Boxes nothing else was altered, but even here I can't add Pupaes to them.
Does someone know what I do wrong, or if it's maybe an editor problem?
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Need Editor help

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Think I know the reason for it. It seems earlier versions of Unreal allowed to add Pawns as content, but now you can add only inventory stuff to it. Looks like the script of Decoration was altered during the Unreal patches.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Glad u found it :)
--= Keep Running =--
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

woof

yep the reason for it, but not the solution yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
One way could be to make a new Decoration class and changing the script, or maybe it's possible to make new Barrel and Box classes directly and use altered scriptparts from Decoration. I must try if that works, I'm not good with scripting, maybe someone more familiar with it knows how to do it.
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vendirty »

I know I'm a little late on this but you could also just trigger the decoration to set off the event of spawning the pupae maybe? :] A little more work but it would. Barrel <set off event> Trigger <sets off event> Creature Factory <linked to> Spawnpoints.
I don't know if you can bypass the trigger but that's the only way i know how it would work. lol
vendirty-(DOG)-
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

I have another problem with editor, maybe someone can help me with it.
I'm using ued1 that came along with the game. I saw many maps were made with ued2. I have the ued2 with my Unreal2, but I don't want to install this game.
That editor looks much more interesting and has many good functions which are missing in ued1.
Is there a way to run the ued2 under Unreal1, perfectly with 225 version? Maybe someone can help me with that.

Kami
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

I installed Unreal2 but thats not UEd2, it's 3. Doesn't work for me, got always dll errors.
Tried then to run an UEd2 exe with Unreal1, same result. Can't even start the Ed. Better to give up, that's to complicated for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

If someone else runs UEd2 maybe there's an idea how to make it work, I'm to stupid for it :lol: :lol: :lol: