(Re)-release of DmTheXmasDeck

Questions, Informations and Discussions
Diehard
FOD
FOD

(Re)-release of DmTheXmasDeck

Post by Diehard »

Hi,

Maybe this map could be added to the server rotation for the time being (as in Xmas maps)

In 2005 i released DmXmasDeck, but it contained a few errors that i liked to be fixed. And every year around Xmas i am thinking to redo it, and this year at the last moment i decided to redo the map and release it again.

Shivaxi helped me out to solve a sound problem that the previous map was bugging, so great thanks for that. Aside that, most of the work went into redoing all textures and in specific the S3TC textures. I created some 30 gig of data in a matter of 10 days, but i hope it shows off :)

Here are some screenshots from the map:

You can download the map here: DmTheXmasDeck.zip

That zipfile contains the needed files including the normal textures you need if you want to run it on a server.

For the S3TC textures, you download the URP_S3TC_Hi_End_Package_01 at the lower end of that page: MasterFiles HighEnd Or you can choose to download the three single files from this link: URP HighEnd

Needless to say, but DO NOT install the S3TC packages on the server, and use only the files that came with the zipfile from the map itself.

There is more to say about the map itself, but 2 things i can tell, if you shoot at the small santa in the main area than it will tell everyone in playing in the server "Merry Christmas". Theres also a soundeffect if you shoot at the bright light at the very top of the large Xmas tree.

To be able to view the map as its ment to be played, you have to open the map from the console: TAB open DmTheXmasDeck or dmthexmasdeck. If you dont, than the lifestock in the shop wont apear. So please open the map in the console. Thats for Single Player.

On the server the lifestock should show up, if not, than change the serversetting BNoMonsters to False.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
DìèHárd»§ÇW§
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: (Re)-release of DmTheXmasDeck

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Always nice to see xmas maps :)

Happy holidays to u as well !!
--= Keep Running =--