unrealed torch flame trouble

Questions, Informations and Discussions
lucifur
FOD
FOD

unrealed torch flame trouble

Post by lucifur »

When ever I add a torch flame it creates brush cuts galore between the flame and the player, and when I play on the servers other peoples maps don't seem to have that problem or if they do it's very slite.

I have the same problem with most of the meshes and if I use "meshmaker" and add one of those, I get the same problem "mucho cuts".

Any body know what I am doing wrong?

Also I see there is a number of palettes that can be used on the torch flame but I can't figure out how to change them.

Shane

PS. When you look at this test map do you see lots of brush cuts or is it just me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lucifur
FOD
FOD

Re: unrealed torch flame trouble

Post by lucifur »

here they are, maybe it only happens on my computer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lucifur
FOD
FOD

Post by lucifur »

this is what it looks like from the unreal gold editor.
lucifur
FOD
FOD

Post by lucifur »

well if it runs ok in unreal gold for you I wont worry about it, at least for now. :P

Unless someone else has any suggestions.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi lucifur

the first two pics look like software rendering to me. Am I wrong or was it really software rendering?
When I use software mode I really get weird graphic and light effects. If it's only in software mode I wouldn't be worried about it, but if it's also in D3D or OpenGL something is wrong, maybe with vid drivers or vid settings.

Kami
Last edited by £éè£å-(DOG)- on Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi Kami again :lol:

I haven't seen the little file before :lol: , just tested it now. Yep, the pics are from software-rendering.
When I try it and turn to software I got the same results. In OpenGL and D3D it works fine.
I run Unreal 226F and must say that my software mode is messed up. When I turn TimeDemo on I got fps between 16 and 1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
but it's how I said before, you will only see these cuts in software mode. Don't worry there is nothing wrong with the meshes or the geometry.

Kami
lucifur
FOD
FOD

Post by lucifur »

I see lots of flame palettes in the texture browser, but cant figure out how to change them, if I go to property's and switch palettes/texture it doesn't seem to work, what else am I supposed to do?