Maps in need of fixing

Questions, Informations and Discussions
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: Maps in need of fixing

Post by OoiGooEE »

Thanks Leela. Haven't seen either in rotation so I haven't played them yet but I really appreciate you taking the time to work on these. :D
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Hi :)

I started with something new.
I thought it would be a good idea to have maplists for the MM and KOTH servers.
Sure, there is the WFlexMap list, but it is not really handy. Maybe you noticed, that it's sometimes really hard to identify a map, and when you also try to find it on the downloadsite it's even harder, because often the zipfiles have different names.

The list should be sorted by Map-title because that's the info players can see.
The list I'm making will contain: Map-filename (the unr name), Map-title, Author, marked Y/N, and 'on or not' on the server.

This will not work for all maps because some have no title and Author set, but the filename is given.

You will need to have patience because that is alot of work. First I must get all maps because I need to be able to open them to get the needed informations, but I think once the lists are finished, they could be a good help.

Plz let me know, what you think about it.
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

That is a lovely idea but don't waste your time to please me. I am not an Admin and cannot see the map list. I believe mapvote is disabled because there are so many. Thank you for the kind thought though, you are a sweetheart :)
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
SpiNacH
FOD
FOD

Post by SpiNacH »

Sweetheart is an understatement!

Hehe, Leela (Kami) is one in a million :). Please dont think your efforts are unappreciated Leela, this is certainly not the case for those of us who play on the servers regularly. And for those of us who do play on the serrvers regularly, your efforts are held in the highest regard.

However, I feel that most of the maps play just fine, and I would rather have you spend your time playing maps than fixing them, as it is always a pleasure gaming with you, although you spend much of your time looking for errors and things that need fixing that the average player will never notice.

Newbie's wouldn't be the same without all your help Karina, but many of us would prefer to see you enjoying the game instead of always looking to fix it :P