New Maps

Questions, Informations and Discussions
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

New Maps

Post by UnLeaded »

For the people who missed them the few times they were played, I did a few remakes:

DmOppWorlds- This is from UT, one of my fav CTF maps, and makes a "great" teamgame map.

DmReturnToInsanity- I used the orig "layout" of Return to Waldo, but you won't even recognize it, it's been completely overhauled. I like the way it turned out, very fast paced fragging.

DmIronEdgeRemix- This map has a great layout, now it has some good looking detailing as well. The color scheme is the same, but put the maps side by side, you'll definitely notice the difference. The map has a great layout so I didn't make any major changes, just 1 quick warp, a vantage spot for snipers, and a hidden toxin suit (try to find it!).

DmUnballEgo- The original is a great duel map but it also had some crazy texturing and no movers to get to the bottom area (which is really kind of stupid :roll: ), so I retextured it, added some movers, and if you're really crafty you can obtain some other weapons aside from the eightball.

DmETC- ETC stands for Elsinore Tagar Curse, which are the 3 maps made into one. This was basically a blending test, to see how well I could seemlessly blend them together. I did some minor enhancing (mainly to Tagar), fixing the ridiculous upswing doors and adding more realistic doors, and adding a quicker pathway in the toxin area. I also added a way out of the lava area in Elsinore and added the mysterious "Cursed" door- beware!

Novelty Maps:

DmSimonSays - This is a novelty map based on the old kids game Simon Says, only this time Simon is a giant evil computer 8) . I recommend only 2-4 players for this map, considering the layout. How it works: when Simon says "Shall we play a game?" you run up to the middle of the map (where the 4 colors are) and jump on the pad that has exposed the fluid area. This fluid area corresponds to the actual large fluid area above. If anyone happens to be the surface of this fluid area at the time you press the button, they will get dunked for a few seconds, possibly killing them.
-> UnLeaded <-
Oldsparky

UL maps

Post by Oldsparky »

Unleaded does some great mapping and these are available on our download page. Feel free to request any maps you like on server. There are so many, I have a hard time determining which 1000 to put on.

:D
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Guess I overlooked this post!

Thank you much for the kind words! :) I think I do a fair job on some maps, I'm no architectural genious but I try to create maps that are fun to play and look fairly good. For IronEdgeRemix for example the map has a great layout already, so I just improved the texturing so it looks even better, adding more detail and lines. Other maps are just outlets for creativity, such as the evil SimonSays, lol. ReturnToInsanity was real fun to make, because I was able to retain the fast fragging attraction of the orig map and create a great theme around it, prob one of my best maps in doing so.

But all my blabbering about mapmaking is unimportant, I'm happy if someone likes 1 out of 10 of the maps I make/edit. :)
-> UnLeaded <-
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Re: UL maps

Post by Vixen »

Oldsparky wrote:Unleaded does some great mapping and these are available on our download page. Feel free to request any maps you like on server. There are so many, I have a hard time determining which 1000 to put on.

:D
All of the above ;)

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

ohhhhhhhhhhh Simon says sounds like fun.... hehe :D

and any of the face maps would be great.... :D :D

Nice job there Unleaded.... and it is appreciated. :D
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Why... tank u, tank u much! :o
-> UnLeaded <-
ShortBusRider
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by ShortBusRider »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Always enjoy your stuff my friend :P :P :P :P :P
Take Care Be Safe & Do Good
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

btw UNLEADED,... u said u was working on a mosque map?

any news on that??

ps, may i suggest a name if u do............DM JIHAD :wink:
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

GOOGZ wrote:btw UNLEADED,... u said u was working on a mosque map?

any news on that??

ps, may i suggest a name if u do............DM JIHAD :wink:
ROLF, Jihad... :lol:

How about DmGOOGZ :P

It will be DmTulun, I should finish that one actually, it's very nice. I have a map DmBigWheel, I think I'll release it next weekend, it's going nowhere to me and I'm tired of looking at it, lol.
-> UnLeaded <-
GOOGZ
FOD
FOD

Post by GOOGZ »

i look forward to it :)

plus, its very much appreciated that you're always creating new maps.
if it were not for peeps like you who make the effort, we'd still be slugging away on deck 16 and the like :evil: ,

what a horrid thought. :evil: :evil:

wish i could do it, i think i'd come out with some very good maps, but alas, i think i'll leave it to the professionals :wink:
thank you :)

Post by Guest »

hi all im new can some one tran me to makw skins and or teache me is you can email me at trey1234@gmail.com

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 pm.