BAD MAPS - READ!

Questions, Informations and Discussions
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

BAD MAPS - READ!

Post by UnLeaded »

DON'T install MorpheusMinus, unless you don't want to play at least 20-30 of your other favorite maps. This installation requires you override 8 very popular texture files, including one from my map (so in effect you wouldn't be able to play my map because you copied over my "original" file, FractalFX).

SPARKY, I recommend that you delete this map from the directory, so that people don't screw up and bounce on all the popular other maps with the original files.

BrakeDanceJ... you know not to do this...
-> UnLeaded <-
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

ACK!! Too late :(

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Oldsparky

File mismatch

Post by Oldsparky »

Your quite correct unleaded this is a problem and I have removed the map till brakedance renames his texture. If you have already installed the map, the correct texture is found on the link below . Download it and overwrite the FractalFx texture in ur texture folder in unreal.
Download all the files you see with a ? on them.

Sparky

http://clients.overkill-systems.net/dog ... he%20week/
Last edited by Oldsparky on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Well the problem is "textures" plural, all of the texture files were not renamed as they should have been, so if you installed city.utx, you screw up the maps that use the originally made city.utx.
-> UnLeaded <-
BrakeDanceJ
FOD
FOD

Re: BAD MAPS - READ!

Post by BrakeDanceJ »

UnLeaded wrote:DON'T install MorpheusMinus, unless you don't want to play at least 20-30 of your other favorite maps. This installation requires you override 8 very popular texture files, including one from my map (so in effect you wouldn't be able to play my map because you copied over my "original" file, FractalFX).

SPARKY, I recommend that you delete this map from the directory, so that people don't screw up and bounce on all the popular other maps with the original files.

BrakeDanceJ... you know not to do this...
I do know not to cause version conflicts, which is exactly why I kept this naming scheme.

MorpheusMinus and its textures are almost an exact port of the UT version. Infact, the textures are identical. Internally they are named the same, and externally the file name is the same as the UT version.

Run MorpheusMinus, WITHOUT overriding the other textures, it should work perfectly if the "original" map authors kept the naming scheme from UT intact.

I will, however, republish the map with the modified texture names.

Thanks for the post,
BrakeDanceJ
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Since your using so many UT textures, maybe instruct people to add to their Unreali.ini :

[Core.System]
Paths=C:\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx

* "C" is whatever drive you have UT in.

That way they won't have to add/overwrite the textures to their Unreal 1 folder at all.
-> UnLeaded <-
BrakeDanceJ
FOD
FOD

Post by BrakeDanceJ »

UnLeaded wrote:Since your using so many UT textures, maybe instruct people to add to their Unreali.ini :

[Core.System]
Paths=C:\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx

* "C" is whatever drive you have UT in.

That way they won't have to add/overwrite the textures to their Unreal 1 folder at all.
Unreal cant load UT textures without them being "ported" over to unreal

UT textures should work flawlessly in unreal with the same name scheme, end of story. Ill create a full UT texture port that will solve all of this.