Ingame console's Help commands issue

POST PLAYING SETTINGS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE
PMX-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Ingame console's Help commands issue

Post by PMX-(DOG)- »

In coop servers when other players shoot at us we get pushed. That wasn't happening with me, so I've searched on console's help.
I found the command but wasn't working for me, as I typed exactly like in the help.
NoFriendlyFireImpact 'bEnable' .

Than wen I tried:
NoFriendlyFireImpact False
That worked.

I think other players faced the same thing by typing the commands as they are in the help. So I came with the idea, to open a thread to see if other players had the same issues with the help commands and to ask for the possibility to change the command in help from what it is today to what it really needs to be in order to work.

Woof!
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: Ingame console's Help commands issue

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

i understand that this might be confusing, but it is described as the author of the gamemode intended to. you just need to exchange the server-parameter bEnable with false or true on all user-commands. there comes a text-file along the gamemode that gives a more detailed description:

UGoldMP Commands: [current version: UGoldMP Prototype v0.53]

User Commands:
Help [Command] - when used without argument, shows UGoldMP-specific console commands available to the player. when Command is specified, shows the corresponding command description.
ClientNetSpeed [Value] [Command] - when Value is omitted, prints the current value of the player's NetSpeed; otherwise, changes player's NetSpeed to the specified value.
Ending - retry to end the current level using URL of the last reached exit.
MoveCameraOnLevelEnd bEnable - when bEnable is true, allows the player's camera to move to players who end levels; when bEnable is false, disables such automatic change of point of view.
NoBlock - temporarily enables or disables the noblock mode that allows to go through players.
NoFriendlyFireImpact bEnable - enables or disables protection from friendly fire impacts depending on bEnable (false or true).
PSay PlayerID Text - send Text to player whose ID is PlayerID.
ShotSquelChall - temporarily enables or disables protection from friendly fire impacts.
ShowCoopKillsCount bEnable - enables or disables indication of global kill statistics on the player's scoreboard depending on bEnable (false or true).
ShowCreatureHealth bEnable - enables or disables indication of health of creatures on the player's HUD depending on bEnable (false or true).
ShowCreatureNames bEnable - enables or disables indication of names of creatures on the player's HUD depending on bEnable (false or true).
ShowDamageFromPlayers bEnable - enables or disables indication of messages about damage caused by other players depending on bEnable (false or true).
ShowLags bEnable - enables or disables indication of lag messages for the given player depending on bEnable (false or true).
ShowPlayerKills bEnable - enables or disables indication of messages about creatures killed by the given player depending on bEnable (false or true).
TickRate - shows the current value of NetServerMaxTickRate.
ViewActor ActorName - move player's camera to a level actor whose name is ActorName.
ViewP PlayerID - move player's camera to a player whose is ID is PlayerID.
VoteBlank - excludes the executor from the set of voters or cancels such exclusion.
VoteEnd - vote to end the current level or withdraw the vote.
VoteEndStat - show the actual percent of voted players and the minimal percent of voted players requried to end the current level.
VoteExplicitly bEnable - when bEnable is true, the player can vote to end only via "VoteEnd" command; otherwise, the player can also vote to end by reaching an exit.
VoteSkip - vote for skipping the current level or withdraw the vote.

please note, when setting the command NoFriendlyFireImpact true you might come in situations, when the command NoBlock is needed!

WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
PMX-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by PMX-(DOG)- »

Understood

Thank you Strategy

Woof!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Hi PMX,

Yes that particular command caught me out once as well. :)
Any help command can be investigated further by typing HELP followed by the command, so for example :-

Help  NoFriendlyFireImpact

Will get this response :-

NoFriendlyFireImpact bEnable

- enables or disables protection from friendly fire impacts depending on bEnable (False or True)

WOOF!

EDIT: Looks like me and Patrick posted at almost the same time! His reply wasn't there as I was writing this - hehe! :D

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
PMX-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by PMX-(DOG)- »

VooDoo-(DOG)- wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:40 pm  
Hi PMX,

Yes that particular command caught me out once as well. :)
Any help command can be investigated further by typing HELP followed by the command, so for example :-

Help  NoFriendlyFireImpact

Will get this response :-

NoFriendlyFireImpact bEnable

- enables or disables protection from friendly fire impacts depending on bEnable (False or True)

WOOF!

EDIT: Looks like me and Patrick posted at almost the same time! His reply wasn't there as I was writing this - hehe! :D

Hi Voodoo,

Thank you for the support.

Woof!
x21
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by x21 »

You can also use 0 or 1 for bEnable as a shortcut as it's a boolean value.