Whining

UT99 related discussions
Oldsparky

Whining

Post by Oldsparky »

A lot of whining about non use of the regular Unreal Servers. Everyone should be aware, that after several times thru the unreal maps, that some grow weary of playing the same maps over and over. The UT server is hot now because its new and new unknown maps. Tom Kat has worked very hard and long to make this work. It is extremely discouraging to his hard work when members whine. Be assured that the Die Hard unreal members will not permanently disregard the Unreal Servers. This is a way to get variety, and UT will do some things that Unreal won't do. It was over a period of years to fully develop the Unreal Servers and the progress on the UT server is going much faster. If you dont have anything good to say about UT say nothing and stay stuck on Unreal its your choice. The lack of activity on the Unreal Servers will not last as the UT problems are fixed and the maps become familiar. The UT breed of player seems different and less friendly than Unreal players. I have been pleased with the welcome put forward by the DOGs when the occasional UT player finds the server and comes in to find out whats going on. Great Job by TKR and the Unreal Dog Clan. This adventure has Sickpups and My full backing. The future of this is unknown. There are several coders in the clan and if TKR asks for help, please do what you can to help him. The DOG members regularly playing on this server brings to surface various problems in UT coop and TKR is doing his best to fix the problems as they arise. The support of the Clan is required for this adventure into UT. All I can say, is I am pleased with the continued progress day by day. In the past I have observed sayings by people of the demise of the Clan, Unreal and KOTH. All have failed to materialize. How else can I put this. Shut up and Play, its a game. If you want to help, help if you can,, if not don't run down this adventure which may totally fail. I dunno but tis unlikely.