Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND Unreal Contest 2020

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND Unreal Contest 2020

DATE: 10th of April to 19th of April 2020 :  SinglePlayer Contest
DATE: 10th of April to 19th of April 2020 :  Coop Contest

Hi to all fragtastic Unreal players!

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND has organised a special SinglePlayer and Coop Contest for the 2020 Easter period and we would like to take this opportunity to invite all players to participate in either or both of these events.

In these challenging, thought-provoking and enlightening times, we think this is a great time for all Unreal players to gather together and unite and enjoy some friendly competition in a peaceful, relaxing environment.

The selection of maps will be as follows :-

SinglePlayer Contest

• Dig (Rrajigar Mine)  -  Author: Cliff Bleszinski
  • MPNeveC (MP Neve’s Crossing) - Author: Nivlek
  • MPSpireland (MP-Spire Valley) - Author: Nivlek / Pancho

Coop Contest

• Skaarj Tower - Author: Andrew "Drew" Ross

So polish your ASMD, scrape the rust from your FlakCannon, pick up that heavy EightBall and head over to the servers, where you will be most welcome!

Servers are available right now for some online practice, prior to the start of the contest on April 10th.

For much more detailed information and the current scoreboard, please see:
UNREAL CONTEST 2020

WooF!

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: NEWBIESPLAYGROUND Unreal Contest 2020

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

hope to see many players there! join for the fun!! ;)

i'd like to ask admins to support the event if you find the time to - regarding initiating coop-contest matches (the admin-commands needed can be found in the admins' section or check back with VooDoo or me! thank you!

...and special thanks to VooDoo-(DOG)- for all the preparations!! WOOF!
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
evilgrins
FOD
FOD

Post by evilgrins »

Hope you don't mind, but I spread the word · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13828
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

evilgrins wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:37 pm Hope you don't mind, but I spread the word · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13828
thank you very much evilgrins!!! highly appreciated! :D
Javix
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Javix »

It is fantastic news, of course I am going to participate as a minimum in the "Single Player" :cheesygrin: :flap:
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

This is just a reminder to all players who enter the SinglePlayer Contest..

Each player can have 3 contest matches (StartMatch), one match on each of the 3 servers.

SP CONTEST [1]
SP CONTEST [2]
SP CONTEST [3]

Players can of course have as many TrialMatches as they would like on any of the 3 servers.

The SinglePlayer contest is heating up nicely now with some great runs!

Currently, [-{·E·}-]TommY heads the Scoreboard with his fantastic time. Congratulations to him for that great run!

VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Well there was a great entertaining moment today when Osiris-(DOG)- managed to put a Titan into the water under one of the Skaarj lookout towers!

2020_4_14_17_39_42_359-MPSpireland.png

2020_4_14_17_39_43_937-MPSpireland.png

To quote his own words, this was an "EPIC moment"!

WooF!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Osiris
FOD
FOD

Post by Osiris »

Hahahahaha Epic moment my amiga!
Olé!
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

The NEWBIESPLAYGROUND Unreal Contest 2020 is now over!

We would like say thank you to all participants and visitors who joined the servers for this event and also those who wanted to join but were prevented from doing so for whatever reason. The Contest was held with all of us in good spirits and I am sure we all got to know each other a little better and learned a few things about ourselves and others along the way.

First of all,

Congratulations to the winner of the SinglePlayer Contest : "[-{·E·}-]TommY" and his winning Contest run with a score of 93 in a time of 00:24:54. He set this benchmark time early in the Contest and it was never overtaken, so many congratulations to him on his thoroughly deserved victory!

Congratulations to the "FlipFlopsTeam" who were the winners of the Coop Contest : "Nikola-(DOG)-, strategy-(DOG)- and VooDoo-(DOG)- with their score of 438 in a time of 01:45:38!

There were many great trialmatches also with great scores and times and these moments were also enjoyed and noted, but of course only the actual Contest runs can count.

Please see the Scoreboard for the final rankings.

I'd like to thank the Newbies' Admins who spent a lot of their time on the servers who helped players go for their trial matches and runs and offered support to others, in particular to Nikola-(DOG)-, PMX-(DOG)- and MrC-(DOG)-. I would particularly like to thank Nikola-(DOG)-, whose never-ending enthusiasm, kindness to others and devotion to all aspects of the game is a real inspiration.

I would personally like to thank Masterkent who wrote the custom Contest GameType, because without this, the Contest would not have even been possible! Thank you.

Lastly, but definitely not leastly, I think we should all thank strategy-(DOG)- whose commitment to hosting these types of events and his work involved in all of this is also a real inspiration and without who, this would not be possible.

We hope that all of you had great fun and of course we hope to see you all again when the next event is held! :dog:

WooF! 

strategy-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

a huge thank you goes out to VooDoo-(DOG)- for managing this event (almost camped on the contest servers day and night) and motivating players to join the contest!
and of course thanks a lot to our admins Nikola-(DOG)- and PMX-(DOG)- for spending a lot of time on the servers to support the contest as well as MrC-(DOG)-!

thanks to all participants and spectators! it was huge fun! WOOF!