special event message

post any map related problems you should find / description of map-fixes
mrc333777
-(DOG)- Council Admin
-(DOG)- Council Admin

special event message

Post by mrc333777 »

anyone know if its possible to put a players name within a special event message? like whoever triggers the special event
AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: special event message

Post by AndréRhineDavis-(DOG)- »

I have seen this happen on certain maps. I think it was a Monster Hunt map that did it.
I don't know anything about Unreal Script or Unreal Editor though, so I can't help you.
I imagine though it would be done the same way that names appear in those messages in the top left that say "%player left a small crater" or "you were killed by %killing_player", where "%X" is a placeholder that gets substituted with the appropriate string.

I imagine there's some way to refer to certain properties of actors which are involved in an event.
Like suppose someone touches a button, I imagine that triggers an event which receives information about which player touched the button. Maybe that information gets stored in the event locally as "player" with name "player.name". Then you can go "print message '%player.name touched the button' ".

Like I said, I don't know Unreal editor, this is just what I imagine happens based on my general programming knowledge
Rubie-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: special event message

Post by Rubie-(DOG)- »

mrc333777 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm anyone know if its possible to put a players name within a special event message? like whoever triggers the special event

Try the ladder function or a scoreboard , just an idea not tested

Greets Rubie
I have no signature :crying: