HELP!!

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
GoodOleTaco

HELP!!

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I cant get the sound to work on 5 HP dx2000 mt Desktop computers!! When I hook up a USB headset..works just fine..but when I hook up to the back outputs speakers no hardware is detected. Its onboard sound, no 3rd party software. BIOS does not have the option to enable/disable integrated soundcard.

I am forum/techsite and GOOGLED OUTED..and yes..I even used ALTAVISTA again to search for this..Im sorry but extreme times call for....! lol. Anyone? Any ideas? HP site does not have the driver anymore but I found it else where. I have downloaded it many times...but NADA! Taco admits...he is beaten on this one.

£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: HELP!!

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Did you check the device manager, if hardware works correct? Make sure under Audio properties PC-Speakers are enabled, perhaps they were disabled. Check all Line out settings.
What BIOS version is used? I guess Award. There must be an option to disable onboard sound for the case you want to use an audio card.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

>KamiLunar<-(DOG)- wrote:Did you check the device manager, if hardware works correct? Make sure under Audio properties PC-Speakers are enabled, perhaps they were disabled. Check all Line out settings.
What BIOS version is used? I guess Award. There must be an option to disable onboard sound for the case you want to use an audio card.
Device Manager states Driver is Missing...I have downloaded the driver numerous times..when I install, it will say that Driver not found and to restart computer..done that as well. Audio properties all greyed out...except when I plug in the USB headset..then all options are available..I unplug USB headset..and plug in speakers..dont work. BIOS does not have the option to unable/ disable soundcard. Im at a loss here. Im not like a PC expert but I never had a problem with sound drivers before..and on 5 computers..lol
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Ok, I found drivers for your PC. I need to know which Windows Version you are running. For example XP Home or XP Pro.
Can you contact me on MSN?: Kami_Lunar@hotmail.de

Hope I can help you with it ;)

PS: found a side with all drivers for your PC model, whole motherboard drivers, it might be useful in case you lost your driver CD
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

They are running Windows XP Pro SP2. I have added you to MSN..if u have AIM I am javiermorhy. I will get on about 10 am PST
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

I have run into this before. If you google Ac 97 you will find there are two versions, one by via chips, the other by realtek. Bet ur trying to install the wrong one.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Yep, the links Minus posted are the ones I found :)
You can get all drivers for your PC model there, but only for XP home, XP PRO and VISTA home. The AC 97 drivers should work for you.
About the BIOS, I'm absolutly sure that you can disable onboard audio. Take a look under Integrated Peripherals, there must be an option.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... mit=Go%20»

This link leads you to the operating system choice for your PC model. Choose XP PRO and you will find all drivers for your motherboard there.

Hope this is of some help
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

X2Alpha wrote: Im not like a PC expert.....
And now u tell us :mrgreen:
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

LOL! I downloaded and attempted to install these same drivers numerous times....to no avail. But this time around it actually worked! lol. I think the I was installing the wrong one...the problem is they are all named the same. I think I had tried to install he XP home version instead of XP Pro I installed on all 5 PCs.Thank you Minus, Kami and the Old one and you to Mr Wever ..u turd..lol.

I do have one other problem. I cant get a Home network going for these 5 pcs. Ive gone thru the Wizard over and over and nothing happens. I cant share my main printer either. I have a software running called MC3 Cyber Cafe and I can Block, reset and shut down all computers from mine.

But I want to be able to print from these 5 PCs to the printer and share files as well. I even downloade HomeNetworking for Dummies....to much to read..do they have HomeNetworking for Tacos?
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

U cheked they are all in the same workgroup ?

Or try use some hot sauce, it might work !!!
--= Keep Running =--

Post by GoodOleTaco »

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=479

Found this at the fleamarket. $6 dollars. Was this what you were telling me to buy Minus?
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Cool...I will make another run to the local flea market this Wednesday,,,you would be amazed at what u can find if you dig in them tables full of obsolete cables and Motorola Cell phones
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Post by Masterman »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833320023

Best bang for the buck. Has a USB 2.0 port for an attached Harddrive NAS or FTP site. I bought one 4 months ago and it ran rock solid. I then decided to buy the Wireless N model for only $20 more with 2 USB ports..
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I see a bunch of good deals in neweeg and tiger direct..only problem is since Im in Mexico, shipping and exchange rate would make it waaaayy to expensive..so I go explore the local flea markets and actually find some good stuff.

wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

OMG !!!!
I think we found HERBIE !!!!!
--= Keep Running =--