Thanks for all the games

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
species8472
FOD
FOD

Thanks for all the games

Post by species8472 »

It has been a while since I have posted here and just as long since I have been playing any games. Still, there hasn't been a single day I have thought about it. The purpose of posting now is to tell everyone thank you for all of the 1000's of games in the last dozen or so years. In a way I would like to know how many games and frags that would total but then I remember when it used to be several hours every day for years and I think I really don't want to know.

Time really does zip by in a hurry. I remember many, many nights when Mr. Sparky and I were the only ones in the server. That was probably a decade ago even though it seems like a year or so. Those were the days when most people still had dial-up including me with my 26,400 bps which I was forced to use until last year. It wasn't long after cable was finally strung here that some health problems started totally preventing me from playing. In the last 8-9 months I have only managed to get in a game now and again. Part of the problem is an addiction to the game which meant I always ended up playing too long at a time making my condition worse.

Since then I have considered myself on the disabled list. Lately reality has been setting in and I think it is time to call myself retired. It is a sad day for me. I will still try to get a game whenever I can but that looks like it will be increasing rare.

Unreal is the only game I have ever played so I am not defecting. This is the only online communtiy I have ever considered myself part of and I do feel bad about not keeping up my part of it. I have had so many good times playing with most of the people here and I am greatful for every single one. I would like to mention many of you individually but I know I would forget to list some if I started. The coop games are always fun but DM is where my true love of the game is. I still have dreams on a weekly basis where I am actually in the games.

THANK YOU for all the good times.

species8472
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: Thanks for all the games

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Retirement from unreal :D, that is very well said !

U do know that there is a secret server rule nr 6 ? No ?
Well, it goes something like this: "People who retire from active playing unreal have to keep an eye on the forum and say Hi once a while."

GOOD GAMES !!!
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Re: Thanks for all the games

Post by OoiGooEE »

Doesn't mean you can't spectate once in a while either ;) Don't you dare uninstal :evil:

Hope to see you soon :)
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"