eXcalibur Private Alpha/Beta testing

Post general stuff here
Forum rules
Do Not Post About Other Games here but in the Thread provided for it.
Master_Unreal

eXcalibur Private Alpha/Beta testing

Post by Master_Unreal »

Hey guys, I've been absent for awhile (Again) and I think the time is right for me to show why. Since the past several months I've been hard at work honing my skills with OpenGL and various APIs related to window code, taking input, and some other basic stuff in the C library. Up until recently most of everything was an experiment in the hopes of gaining stable ground for the basis of what would be a game engine.

Well, about a month ago I gained that stable ground and development has never been better since! Things have been moving along speedily and with great results, and with this being said, I think it's a good time to say that I have a need for people to alpha/beta test the stuff I put out. :mrgreen:

The requirements right now are really, really low. It's still in an early stage but the shape and form that it has now is the direction it will be moving in from here on. All that's really (sort of) needed at the moment is an OpenGL 3.x compliant video card, but I plan on adding a bit of support for OpenGL 2.x for more basic things. In the future though, 2.x will most likely be deprecated.

If you are interested in helping out with testing, you'll need to grab Dropbox here -> "https://www.dropbox.com/" It's what I use to upload and share anything related to this project. Once you do that, reply here with your email and I will add you to the private testing folder :mrgreen:

It will be open-source eventually, but for the moment id rather keep it closed so that I can optimize and fix things before I actually push it out. Any help received with this project will be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
Last edited by Master_Unreal on Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rustyScrew
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: eXcalibur Private Alpha/Beta testing

Post by rustyScrew »

What are the system specs that you are looking to try for, most of hardware isn't that great.
Master_Unreal

Re: eXcalibur Private Alpha/Beta testing

Post by Master_Unreal »

@Rusty, atm the requirements are still low. A card that does OpenGL 2.x would do the trick only because thats the API i have in use, although GL 3.x would be preferred. Still, nothing too steep yet.