Help...

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Re: Help...

Post by Masterman »

wever.nl-(DOG)- wrote:Has the package arrived yet ?
Lol. Smartass :P
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Ok, we have found out it was a bad ram slot, we switched them and can get into the setup fine, however I still get the bad pool caller error, which now leads us(my dad and I) to thinking it's a driver error, so either recovery or reinstall, one of the two

Yes, Masterman, my dad is now taking charge of this problem, as of now I am just helping
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

Master_Unreal wrote:I can't play unreal on it anymore, because my dad thinks it's too powerful for the computer, take a look at the specs and tell me what you think

Windows can't boot, neither can the disk, cause apparently 1 GB of ram ain't enough
Don't worry, when I started with Unreal I had a PC with AMD K6 233Mz, Voodoo2 with 12MB, 64 MB RAM, Windows95 and it ran very well on it.

When I first started with XP I had 256MB RAM and it worked just fine. Later I had 768MB and now 2GB. 256MB RAM for Windows XP is a little small, but with 1GB there should be no problem.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

that is EXACTLY what i thought, apparently my dad doesn't think so, ill just show him this later

What I think caused the RAM slots to go out was the fact that there was loads of crap on there, as before it took a good 20 minutes to fully start up, the only other thing I could think of is that I was using dx9, but even then i doubt the fact that dx9 had anything to do with it because it communicates with the video card and processor, not the ram

I even told him about when I'm at my grandparents house, I play unreal on that laptop just fine with Software Rendering, but he still thinks this computer is NOT meant for any gaming whatsoever, even the specs on the back of my box arent enough

But this should definitely change his mind, I reformatted and WOW it starts up crazy fast, gonna do some updates and get avast installed, then we can go from there.
£éè£å-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Post by £éè£å-(DOG)- »

LOL Master help me with that.
You mean your Windows needed nearly 20 minutes for complete boot?

If that's right, just format your Windows partition and make a complete new install.
Of course you could also try to fix Windows, but I think a new install is much faster :lol: :lol: :lol:
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

LOL

Yeah pretty much

I could guess that there was about 20+ worth of startup programs, plus all the stuff already on her computer, formatting it really did work, but now theres about.......3 applications that start now, soon to be 4, because I'm installing steam soon

I now realize what had gone wrong with the drivers, when I installed unrealedfix4, thats when it started messing up, so yeah, no editor for awhile
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Wow

This is just.....wow

AMD Phenom II X2 3.2Ghz Black Edition + Supported Motherboard(name is very weird)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDeal ... mbo.436970

G.SKILL Ripjaw 4GB DDR3 RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231277

Now lets compare this to an Intel set

Intel Core i3 530 2.93Ghz + Supported Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDeal ... mbo.437315

Now, the price with AMD, shipping not included - $258.98
With Intel, again, no shipping - $304.98

AMD just wins, period

This motherboard supports up to a Phenom II X6, has alot of good feedback from people, and fits my case size (ATX)

Wow....