Inf KOTH server

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Oldsparky

Inf KOTH server

Post by Oldsparky »

To access Uteam menu you normally have to press your normal menu-key executing the command ShowMenu. In most cases, that is the ESCape key, but GOLD players will not see the UTF menu this way. GOLD users must bind a new key to "ShowMenu", one which is not ESC. I use "M" key. If you don't know how to do raw keybindings, do the following: enter the game, hit TAB and TYPE this exactly as given: set input m showmenu Once you can display UTEAM menu by hitting the key you bound. enter the UTeam Menu in client options and set INFILTRATION: AutoReload Guns to True.
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Re: Inf KOTH server

Post by Masterman »

Honestly Sparky, and I know you don't care what I have to say, but EDM 5-6 has a much, much freindlier graphic user interface for both clients and admins.

Admins priveledges are way more advanced (kinda like JCoopZ1). You can see peoples computer names (which helps dramatically in finding out their person) and Nepthys is incorporated beatifully with it. Also you can vote mutators and when you do a smily face, it looks like this: :P instead of the regular = P

Also, you can remove items from maps, say like invis or Minus' lame forcefield trick lol

You can also have over 100 maps for voting (so far that's just what we have on NxS server), lol if you want, and the EDMIPLOG.ini logs IP's. More importantly there is a check box for never switch on pickup.

The anti-cheat is better IMO as well. Speedhacks automatically get kicked after 10 rapid injections

And for Kim and Blonde, lol, you can hold private combos without typing PS (ID) The interface almost looks like IE7 with tabbed browsing.
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

If this is going to be another UTeam vs EDM flame then all I have to say is "that issue is getting old, both mods have their pros and cons and the admin decides what they want". If you ask Smartball, he will roughly tell you the same, we have cooperated largely in the past and if you had the sources to UTF and EDM you would find parts of both mods in either...

I can, however, explain to you, why some features are implemented in UTF the way they are, and also, why some others are NOT implemented at all - IF you care to know, that is.

There is a long history to both mods, and there were thoughts of combining both of them. Ultimately though, that had to fail since the designs are radically different.

Now to some of the features you seem to perceive as "missing" in UTF

- Mutators ARE votable in UTF :P via callvote.

- There -IS- a speed hack protection in UTF as well, but it probably is much more lenient than EDM's.

- 100+ maps are votable, if the admins configures it so (mapvote enabled + "add large maplist"), but that hardly makes sense... I agree the vote menu could be a little nicer, never got around to it.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Hehe,, Coop, Pure Koth, and INF weapons all at once works. Bet that was never envisioned. :P
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

:lol: :mrgreen:
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Masterman
FOD
FOD

Post by Masterman »

I wasn't flaming UTF Wolf. You did a great job with it, and the majority of the features in EDM are more or less your ideas.

I just like EDM better for both admin and client user-freindliess, not to mention Gold users don't have to bind a showmenu key... 8)
}TCP{Wolf
FOD
FOD

Post by }TCP{Wolf »

I'm not sure how many features in EDM were my ideas and how many of UTF's were Smartball's. We tossed so many ideas, code snippets and stuff back and forth it's hard to remember (aside from those mentioned specifically in the credits), and neither me nor Smartball would stoop to recover all those logs just to sort that out lol. I just got your post into the wrong ear ;)

Agreed on the user-friendliness. Smartball's console is probably the best ever done for Unreal. I don't think that in retrospect Smartball would write it again if he had to, because I know what he had todo to make it function across 224 to 227. In summary I'd have to say "it wasn't pretty" :-?

My offer remains, though, that I tell you a bit about the history of the developments of those mods, at least as far as I remember them, if you care to ask specific questions.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Dude
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Dude »

Hey, I never found out why this server was closed down. What's the official explanation?
ImageImageImage