Time to return to SP

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Time to return to SP

Post by >KamiKazi<-(DOG)- »

This is probably one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make.
I remember when I played on Zombies Deadzone. It was fun to play there, I liked the server and I still like it, but the crap there grew and grew. And one day the point was reached where I couldn't go on with it, and so I left the server. If a game stop being fun, it makes no sense to go on with it. The only thing you get isn't satisfaction but frustration.
And it makes me very sad to say, that this point is reached on Newbiesplayground. I never thought that this could happen. Please don't misunderstand me, Newbies servers are the best you ever can find, and you can find great people there and in the DOG clan.

But there is one thing, which takes the fun out of the game. The rules are trampled with feet. Mostly by players who are new to the server, but that's normal 'cause they don't know the rules yet. It's ok, some learn and follow the rules, some don't want to and have to take the consequences.
What really hurts is the fact, that also older Newbies players and even DOG members and admins hold in contempt the rules. There is a lot of cheating going on, but worst of all is the missing coop game. Players play the game like they were alone on the server.
Have you ever played a game, and it crashed to the desktop in the middle of a fight or something else? It's just like that when you are in a fight with three Kralls and someone ends the map without any word, not even a little warning before ending. On Zombies Deadzone is Voteend activated and so you always prepared for the end, but here it's like a shot out of the dark.
The coop servers have lost their challenge. Once Unreal was a game with a challenge and was really fun to play, but now there is only hot air left. It makes no more fun to start with a map, even if it's your most favourite one, when you know the map will be ended before it's really started.
Where is the spirit to beat a map gone? I can't find it on the servers. Where is the heart of Unreal gone, this hard to explain atmosphere which made this game so unique?

I don't know, maybe I'm antiquated and just a little rest from the stone age, who knows. I know, that my decision means to lose the membership of DOG and that hurts very badly. I enjoyed the times on the servers and you are all in my heart, but the fun is out of the game for me. Of course I will go on with the work on maps if Sparky and Jackal agree. There is still much to do.

Sparky and Jackal did and do so much to make these servers possible. They spend a lot of time and resources to it. Players should be a little more greatful to get this for free. Don't let the spirit of the game die. Don't take the fun out of it. There are not much servers and players left in this game. Try to keep it alive as long as possible. Maybe try thinking a little more "We" instead of only "I".

a big

WOOF WOOF

to all of you
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Re: Time to return to SP

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

I'm so srry to hear this.

Good to hear u still wanna work on the maps to make 'm better.
Thanks for all the time u already put in there !!!
And yes, what W3rm said, u'll be missed.
Do hope to see u around sometime :)
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Oldsparky »

:cry:
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

Flashback of Sickpups :(
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Aww..this is sad :( I hope i will see you on the servers in the future.
Bubbles
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Bubbles »

Kami,

You are one of the few that keeps this game alive!!!! I have been a knuckle head at times however, it is on a few occasions. I feel if we loose you, we will have lost a vital asset to the origin of fps. Tell us or those who offend you. You can make difference.

Bubbles
Rose
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Rose »

Hi Kami,sorry to see you go..please come back?
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

K, where do I start?
First, don't take my post to serious. When I wrote it I was in bad mood, you can say I wasn't myself. There were some not so nice things on the server over the last days. Normally it's my duty, to ignore it, but I failed on that. I'm sorry for it. I have some bad health stuff going on here and there are times where it affects me more than I like. And sometimes it even follows me into game. I know, that shouldn't happen, but it did.
I never meant to offend someone with my post, so if I did I feel sorry. Best ignore this little running purple thing, sometimes she's just crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

cya later :-)

WOOF WOOF
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shred [DOG]

Post by Shred [DOG] »

Hi Crazy little purple running thing glad you are staying would not be the same with out you ;} :mrgreen: Shred
Rose
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Rose »

Some of the lil annoying people make it hard,pull out the admin mag...muahahahah,always makes me feel better.

Something better,just shoot Shred or Jackal.That helps much too!

Hope you are getting well Kami.~hugs
>KamiKazi<-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Hm, shooting Shred or Jackal?
Maybe a good idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shred [DOG]

Post by Shred [DOG] »

OHHHHHHHH Come on ;} :mrgreen: