New DM Level

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

New DM Level

Post by Master_Unreal »

Yeah, making coop levels all the time is getting a bit old, don't worry tho, i'm not abandoning that, just doing a small side project.

Some song I listened to was a really good one and i bought it. I felt it needed to be in a map, so thats just what im doing.

If you wish to listen to it, here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhN-SwPA3Hs

It is going to be a kind of be an urban type area, not with big huge buildings and stuff, it will be different than what you normally see, i can guarantee you that. It will also be set at nighttime but it won't be dark, the street lights will make sure of that. Oh yeah, there will also be a beach area, its gonna be big, but won't take months. I may also do, because somebody said they can't wait for a doom level remake, take the first level of each episode and mesh them together. :)
Master_Unreal

Re: New DM Level

Post by Master_Unreal »

the water part will help me out in how to build it, but the rest i have another idea for, which you may see soon

As for the doom textures, im going to attempt to make it better looking, but if i can, thats fine, ill use textures from doom lol
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Lol, throwing in a best buy just cause....lol, it would make a good sniper spot for what i have plans for, i may make it possible to go inside, but don't count on it
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Screenie of the beach part, opinions and ideas are always wanted :)

W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I made some textures for the doom level, i think you will like them, i know i do :mrgreen:

Here is a floor

The Wall

The Ceiling

These will probably be the only ones i show you, just so you have an idea of how much better they might look from the originals. But if one looks really good, ill post it on here
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

The best part is that these are really easy to make, the only programs i have used to make them were

Doom Builder
Paint.NET

I took the texture from doom builder, paint.net did the rest. I take a base texture, mess around with the tex from doom, merge them, then add bump and done.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

FYI, the map is a bit bigger than in doom, but you shouldnt notice it too much, the dude in unreal stands up about 1/2 to the door, in doom, you stand 3/4 of the way up, it will still look good tho
W3RM(Woof)
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by W3RM(Woof) »

‏‏‎ ‎
Last edited by W3RM(Woof) on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Wow, you guys are gonna flip when its all done, it looks really good, no screenies yet.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

EXTREMELY busy with my coop mappack at the time lol, but no, I haven't given up on it yet. I may start working on it after I'm done fixing up a large section. I still have all the textures, and the know how to make them. I might post some screenies later.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

I'm not done with the part I'm fixing, but if i continue to do it, I'm gonna go crazy. So ill start on the doom map :D
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Quick Question

Should I keep just the geometry and decoration, item placement the same or should I take it to the next level and do my own models with my own hi res version of the texture. It's not that much work, I just want an opinion