Kill the bordom not the game

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Kill the bordom not the game

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Can i propose a toast to unreal and newbies! Still here after over 10 years. WOW

but, lets stur things up a bit to keep it alive..
I can generally only get online for a few hours a week - but lets keep it alive, by making some fun dates..
1) I challenge Wever to a 1-1 duel. Name the date,time,and map.....(*)
2) I challenge OOI to a 1-1 duel. Name the date,time and the map...(*)
3) I challenge Matt to get in here and challenge us all for fun and a sponge bath.
4) I challenge sparky to a lurky lurky 1-1 :) name you map too... (*) ... maybe we should customise maps for stuff like this..
5) I challenge the other DOGs to play more often and challenge each other...
(* uk times and weekends)

The map contest showed me there are still lots of unrealers out there and reading this forum...
I'm not proposing this should take over - but lets set some challenges and dates/times and do some things..

I have far less time than I use to few years ago - but if there was an Dog Event on witha time etc.. I would make a BIG effort to enjoy it. It "IS" all good fun... punking aside..
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: Kill the bordom not the game

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Very nice idea Dave !

Can we make it best outta 3 ? :)
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

wever.nl-(DOG)- wrote:Very nice idea Dave !

Can we make it best outta 3 ? :)
YES defonately...

What ever the server owner lets us take the server up for.. we could have x.y.z againt a.b.c and tally the end scores up..
but i dont want it to over lay the "general usage" of the server - but it would be nice to see a baited audiance...
or DOG team league (better then 1-1 - more fun, more people if we make teams..). and challenge each other..
Maybe "mid" old skhool V newer players OOI, Wever, D& verses BBG, CM and .....
who wants in these teams? and would bbg/CM bring on the challenge??? bring a gun Italy - a big one...LOL

Maybe sparky V all of us.. maybe boys v girls...
.. LoL - An ordeal of DOG v DOG ...

RAISE YOUR CHALLENGE HERE......!!!!
ACCEPT A CHALLENGE HERE + STATE YOUR RULES/DURATIONS (i.e...best of three + style + time limit etc) OF CONTEST + DATE/TIME TOO ETC... - ASK FOR ADMIN SUPPORT../SERVER SETUP

So YES - Wever I accept your challenge : Best of three.. :) when and were and what maps 1-1 -

+ team event too?
If we play a team match too, plus this 1-1 - does any one wanna be in a list of three to be on the D& team, or 3 on the Wevie wever team?

Lets say closing date of 7th march for the match on the 8/9th march and set a (UK???GMT) time.

Every one else....Make your 1-1 + teams challenges here...
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

I'm all in Dave!!! But the times and dates are bad for me. Away from home, work and this laptop rig isn't the only a challenge for me getting 1 frag so I will have to wait until I get my home rig,,, in my new home (this "hotel" says it's high speed but I have an Italian ping,,, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, actually 152 on last game so worse, not Sid worse but....).

Anyways,,, I love the idea and welcome the challenge. I like the best of three idea too, maybe 8ball, flak and sniper maps. Heck just a nice mix would be fine. A nice team tourney would be cool too. I hope I can participate and that whatever skills I had are not gone by then. Hope to have a new place by April Fool's Day. ;-) If you can keep this going until then or even if it takes that long to organize I would love to participate. I can't tell you how much I miss playing on a daily basis right now. :(

PS. Matt doesn't always win, you have to catch him sleepy and worn out late in the morning Central time U.S. just before bedtime. Sorry BoB!!! :/

OoiGooEE-{DoG}- :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

Work to Eat - Eat to Live - Live to Love - Love to Play - Play at Work
{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Excellent!

Oii - you set a challenge for when it is good for you... :) - it is tough for me to get on these days too, but Mondays and Tuesdays are usually OK (UK time - evening).

If we are OK to do this....(Sparky? + Can we set a temp server player limit?) and you are OK for: Monday 8th March 8:00 PM GMT

So, to my first challenge.

Wever are you ok with:
-paranoid,
-dark-city (too big?)
-curse
...KOTH.
When map starts you wait for both players to join and say they are ready..
Winner by majority of map wins.

Are there any additional rules you want to set, or are you OK with however the maps come?

Then second challenge:

Wever and D&_ Verses BBG, CM
in ?zahltag-zeitkind-dogcity - Which maps...?

Three maps challenge
When map starts we will wait for all players to enter and for every one to say they are ready...
The team which wins the most maps wins the challenge...
(tac-tics may be more like defend the kind lol - so king may want to hide while the other player defends him)

Sparky name your map...

Matt - I suggest that in in three Koth maps, you have to dominate each but if anyone else wins a single map you loose :) and we can shoot you anytime.... king or not.

Please post any additions....

I'll be in the server this Monday and Tuesday so we can chat about it ready for the 8th...

Catch you soon
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Actually its 11 years. We used to have a one on one ladder in the forum but I think its gone now.
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

Dave, I'll be ready to play after April 1st. ( I wouldn't mind a few hours of open play beforehand as practice).

I'd like to be able to "spectate" any and all of these meets. I may not be able to play but if I could watch you guys and gals it would be really cool. Also, just an idea but isn't there a program that captures live video during gameplay, ie Minus? It would be really cool to see a game as a four by four screen with FPS views of each player. Just thinking,,, would be cool for YouTube too. Might recruit some new players even.

Again, can't really play until I have my home rig but then I'm all in. I love the idea of tournies and duels, for a short time. It would wear thin after a while. I love free play. I can't wait to play all of you. Missing you guys :( But can't wait to FRAG YOU!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

OoiGooEE wrote:Dave, I'll be ready to play after April 1st. ( I wouldn't mind a few hours of open play beforehand as practice).

I'd like to be able to "spectate" any and all of these meets. I may not be able to play but if I could watch you guys and gals it would be really cool. Also, just an idea but isn't there a program that captures live video during gameplay, ie Minus? It would be really cool to see a game as a four by four screen with FPS views of each player. Just thinking,,, would be cool for YouTube too. Might recruit some new players even.

Again, can't really play until I have my home rig but then I'm all in. I love the idea of tournies and duels, for a short time. It would wear thin after a while. I love free play. I can't wait to play all of you. Missing you guys :( But can't wait to FRAG YOU!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ooi I look forward to April then!
Being able to spectate is key to this really - no point making it private!
But spectators should not give any tactical information (unless agreed by the players - that would be a funny game too - we can save that for Sparky's match "he's behind you!" lol or more likely "he's hiding in the shadows")

Cant wait to frag you too!!!
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

Is there a map list on any topics? I'm sure I've seen one posted.. We would need to know the exact map names...

You OK with this Sparky?

1-1 ladder was before I joined I believe.. but my suggestion isn't 1-1 really just setting dates for any event/challenge you want to set. I like the idea of team Koth - where you have to keep the king in your team (defend the king) - you would have to add the scores up at the end of the match... (and turn off pure Koth)...
SpOnGeBoBsQuArEpAnTs
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by SpOnGeBoBsQuArEpAnTs »

I support this idea 100%. Although, & not that I don't appreciate it, but I think you folks are giving me too much credit. Then again, if I told you how many hours I've just practiced Unreal, you would say, "THAT'S UNREAL!!!" But, you can thank yourselves for making me the player I have become. I still can't beat SirFraggalot, but I think I @ least earned some respect from him (& others of course) along with respect for the DOG clan. Sparky & Turok were the first to welcome me way back in 2001 & I have learned most of what I know from Sparky's instructions & playing Turok (Kim) almost every morning. In fact, even though the names have changed from time to time, Kim has been a major contributor to our clan & the continuation of Unreal, as she is there when no one else is. Of Course, Sparky is the keel of our great ship & keeps us afloat even when it's almost certain we are going to sink. So for that, Glen, I salute you & offer my humble gratitude for all that you continue to do to this day! Oh Captain, my Captain!

Now, as for me taking on all comers in whatever format...I'll do it as long as it sparks (no pun intended) an interest in Unreal. I still play every morning, so I don't know what I would do if it died. Anyway, where are we posting & accepting challenges? Here on the forum, or is it going to be more open? Y'all just let me know; I'm game! However, if I'm getting beaten too badly, IrishRage may have to be resurrected! <:O It just sounds funnier when SpOnGeBoB gets you. >:P

Forever -DOG-,

Matt
SpOnGeBoBsQuArEpAnTs-(DOG)-
A.K.A.: IrIsH-RaGe

-Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- MLK
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

SpOnGeBoBsQuArEpAnTs wrote:I support this idea 100%. Although, & not that I don't appreciate it, but I think you folks are giving me too much credit. Then again, if I told you how many hours I've just practiced Unreal, you would say, "THAT'S UNREAL!!!" But, you can thank yourselves for making me the player I have become. I still can't beat SirFraggalot, but I think I @ least earned some respect from him (& others of course) along with respect for the DOG clan. Sparky & Turok were the first to welcome me way back in 2001 & I have learned most of what I know from Sparky's instructions & playing Turok (Kim) almost every morning. In fact, even though the names have changed from time to time, Kim has been a major contributor to our clan & the continuation of Unreal, as she is there when no one else is. Of Course, Sparky is the keel of our great ship & keeps us afloat even when it's almost certain we are going to sink. So for that, Glen, I salute you & offer my humble gratitude for all that you continue to do to this day! Oh Captain, my Captain!

Now, as for me taking on all comers in whatever format...I'll do it as long as it sparks (no pun intended) an interest in Unreal. I still play every morning, so I don't know what I would do if it died. Anyway, where are we posting & accepting challenges? Here on the forum, or is it going to be more open? Y'all just let me know; I'm game! However, if I'm getting beaten too badly, IrishRage may have to be resurrected! <:O It just sounds funnier when SpOnGeBoB gets you. >:P

Forever -DOG-,

Matt
Excellent!
I'm in if the time is OK....

You OK with these rules...
- Three maps
- we can all shoot you (even when you are not king)
- you must win all three...
- you get to choose the maps,
- you choose date and time.
+ Any Pre planned Sat/Sun is good for me (your time)
+ how we gonna convert time .. GMTetc..?
+ maybe gather up half an hour before a match too
- we will bring the infantry... LoL...

Can the infantry sign up here too ;)
turok
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by turok »

This should be fun guys,IM gonna challenge spark to 3 maps.. What you think spark? :P

Mirror WooHOO
Bounty Hunter
Old Dog Casca
Your Canadian Friend
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

I would love an MM challenge..I know this thread is for KOTH but dont forget us MMrs :D
OoiGooEE
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by OoiGooEE »

Good to see you guys in!!!! Man, I'm itchin' to play. Would welcome some MM matches too, polite matches though. I won't play an "all against Bob" though (although most are like that, LOL). PKOTH or KOTH but I like a 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 OR best of, if both parties agree to go on. Would like a couple team games too. Irish, Italian, Canadian, New Zealand, USA, partners from around the world. Mix and Match.

Any rules you guys agree on I'd be happy to play to (after April 1st, give or take a few days, moving). Bless you all. Frag hard, play fair, have fun :) :)

OoiGooEE-{DoG}-
OoiGooEE-{DoG}-

{{{The Circle of Life}}}
"Semper Canis"
DaveAnd___
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by DaveAnd___ »

World clock times: -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

or: http://www.daylightmap.com/

My time is London time... Its 12:35 (pm) here when I posted this :)
Last edited by DaveAnd___ on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.