My Status as of Today

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

My Status as of Today

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

While I now restrict my own privacy for the sake of respecting my character, I like to point out how I have been feeling lately. Keep in mind, however, that I will not mention everything explicitly.

Egypt has been through lockdown since March 15, 2020. Recognizing this situation, I was seated in my room like I usually do, now taking online sessions using the rather mediocre Zoom application. Quarantine may have given me the time to do my habits, my works, my communication with friends, and everything I wished to do. But it also gave me a perilous weapon that would wreak havoc within my sanity, which is overthinking. As much as I am always hopeful (with blessings to God himself), overthinking sometimes made me fear that I'd lose my friends. Especially best friends that I trust and love who'd leave me for someone better. This sort of thought, while trying to cope with it, made me be on the verge of tearing up badly... but having to speak with the readers of this topic, whom I wish I'd be able to help and whom I am grateful for, I'm certain the advice and prayers will be answered. I do not wish for anything other than your advice. Of course my number one essential advice is praying to God and asking for support.

Best Regards, my fellow readers.
I'd like to appreciate if anyone of you has given me advice or prayed for me, even if we are not familiarized with each other.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
VooDoo-(DOG)-
Full Game Admin
Full Game Admin

Re: My Status as of Today

Post by VooDoo-(DOG)- »

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

(from Desiderata, Max Ehrmann)

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Re: My Status as of Today

Post by SerpentineStorm-(DOG)- »

That is absolutely mesmerizing to read, my friend!
As much as the words sound like music to me, the message behind it is absolutely pristine. Thank you for your advice, dearly sure I will follow up to the standards of this poem (or writing)!

Best Regards,
SerpentineStorm-(DOG)-
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.