FOD
FOD

[UGold][227i+] Ultrakillz Revival

Post by makemeunreal »

Ultrakillz Revival
Author: ISV-makemeunreal
Version: 1.0
Release Date: 10 APR 2024
A very big THANK YOU go to: ISV-Pla/WizMyCookie, ISV-Chocky0424, ISV-GamesHarder, Krullor, Marco/dots
And of course the original creators of the Flash Game titled Ultrakillz.

Description: Ultrakillz Revival aims to recreate the gameplay and visuals of a long dead Multiplayer Flash name that went by the name Ultrakillz and whose servers got shut down sometime in the early 2010's. The game used to bear a strong resemblance to Unreal and Gears of War in terms of visuals, which was the main reason I started playing.
Since I had no means of ripping content from the game, much of the material had to be recreated by hand or using images as a source. I endeavored to remain as faithful to the original game as my skills would allow.

Gameplay: While I endeavored to remain as faithful to the source material as possible, there were clear limitations, both in terms of coding skills and playability.

The basic concept is relatively simple. Each arena consists of two sides that are inaccessible to the enemy but can be shot through. Players must eliminate each other while utilizing cover and replenishing their ammo via constantly spawning items. (Note that there are also different power-ups available.)

Each item spawn point spawns a wide range of items, each with its own spawn chance and 're-roll' time.

Please note that the mod requires its own maps to be run with the custom game type included in the package! Otherwise, you won't be able to navigate the map, etc.

The original game used to be 1v1 only, with each player having three lives in a typical setup. This resulted in more strategic gameplay. Here, however, it's up to you how you set up the match.

FAQ:

1. Why are there only one weapon "model"?
Because that's how it was in the flash game.

2. Why is my weapon's viewmodel messed up?
Make sure you run the game in fullscreen mod with the weapon placed in your right hand. (Preferences>Game>Weapon Hand>Right
Please note that I based the weapon placement for a FOV of 100. A FOV higher than 100 wil surely interfere with this. Same goes for windowed moe.

3. Can this be played in multiplayer?
Yes, as long as you run it with the included gametype?

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6pwed4rb ... g79m2&dl=1