Knee-injury

Post articles here relating to real life problems, not problems related to unreal.
Forum rules
This is for real life posts. Remember our decency rules.
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

wever.nl wrote:Thanks for ur words ladies :) its letting me focus on other things than looking down.

Thanks again for showing me i've gotta look UP !!
Yes! Always look up, I notice when I look down, I usually end up crashing into people! (and the poles kinda hurt too!) :o

So stop looking at ur wooden shoes, they're OK!! :P
-> UnLeaded <-
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Ok, doctor had some (bad) news we'd expect.
I looked up in dictionary the good word, it should be 'wrapper'.

Anyway, it is totally torn in pieces. :( Not good news....
If i really, really, really like to play soccer again, surgery is needed. But that would mean a long time to recover. Talking about over a year orso.
Think i aint gonna do that, i just look for another sport to do......sigh....

Found u dutch site for an example: http://www.voorstekruisband.nl/kniebanden.html
Look in the picture for 'VOORSTE KRUISBAND' thats the one that is 'broken'.

Need to make an appointmant to excercise my knee.

Thats it for now....
--= Keep Running =--

Post by FireStorm »

Everything will be fine my friend ..i have had 3 knee surgeries..and still play hockey...and baseballl and im 44 ....get the surgery and you will recover with the proper physio ...good luck man :)
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

Agree with Firestorm.... get the surgery.... down the road you will be glad you did. At least, get a second opinion and do not make your mind up now either way.
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

UnLeaded wrote:
Vixen wrote:Wever :) My X-Husband went thru several knee operations,
What's goin on there Vixen, what'd u do to him! :lol:
You don't want to know :evil:

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

Wever - you're young - you have you whole life ahead of you :)

One year out of 70 or 80 is nothing. The time will seem to drag while healing but when you're all better, you'll realize it wasn't that bad.

We've all had to endure some kind of trial, and we've made it - You can too!! You're young, and you're STRONG!! :)

We're here to support you! We're here if you need us! ;)

For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever....
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Well, 1st of all, thanks for ur kind word....it helps :)

Right now i hear so many diffrent stories about this... i must take some time to get it all figured out and let it come to me...

Its great having my friends thinking about me :)

Woof woof !!
--= Keep Running =--
-(DOG)- Council Admin

Post by cpuenvy »

So your knee injury prevents you from playing Unreal?

:lol:
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Hey, I ripped a can halfway through my pointy click finger and I'm still using my computer! (the bandage is suppressing some of the pain though). Never try to take the last little twist off a can while holding it, it slipped on my finger and ripped through it... painful (lots of mysterious red stuff came out as well). Just let the top drop in your soup...

As for playing Unreal right now, I'm on dialup with 400 (min) ping, I can walk to the store faster than I can run across a map at this point... :? I am available for coaching if anyone wants it... "dodge, weave, teleport!" (OK, that last one I threw in there's no teleport, unless you're using my teleport bot that is :lol:)
-> UnLeaded <-
Little Daisy Sunshine
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Little Daisy Sunshine »

with your ping, teleporting into walls should come naturally. :twisted:

oh btw.... do stop by the server and well... just stand there!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
On Earth, as it is in Heaven...

www.firesong.com
UnLeaded
FOD
FOD

Post by UnLeaded »

Little Daisy Sunshine wrote:with your ping, teleporting into walls should come naturally. :twisted:

oh btw.... do stop by the server and well... just stand there!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
ROLF :lol:
-> UnLeaded <-
Vixen
FOD
FOD

Post by Vixen »

UnLeaded wrote: (lots of mysterious red stuff came out as well).
JELLO!?!?!?

-*UF4E*-SecondWind
FOD
FOD

Post by -*UF4E*-SecondWind »

akkk...you tore your ACL...sorry to hear that :( I tore mine in half playing indoor soccer many years ago....sounded like a huge tree branch cracking when it happened...I figured if I retired from soccer everything would be fine, but wait until you plant you foot and shift your weight wrong...it's going to give out on you again....you are going to get paranoid just walking down steps....6 months after the injury and about 5 times of my knee giving out, I had it fixed....2 days later I was back to work, and 4 months later with a knee brace, I was playing tennis. If you enjoy playing sports, go for it...get it fixed....I certainly am glad I did... I can run and play with my kids and no have to worry about it...Hope you are feeling better soon.
GoodOleTaco

Post by GoodOleTaco »

UnLeaded wrote:
(lots of mysterious red stuff came out as well).

Vixen wrote:
(JELLO!?!?!?)

Taco Wrote:
TACO SAUCE!!
Maxxi-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Maxxi-(DOG)- »

Hey Wever, im so very sorry i havent been around lately to get caught up on all thats been going on. Very sorry to hear about your knee, just keep good thoughts and all will be fine. And yes if you need the surgery, go for it, you will be so very thankful that you had done it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome. :D Just think , after you have it done, you will be right back to your old self again. Head up my friend,,,and oh yeah,,,didnt i tell you those damn wooden clogs would be the death of you someday???? hehehehe :wink: :wink: :wink: Good luck!!! :lol: Take care
"Lets Go Mark Our Territory" :)