Optimizing your broadband connection

POST PLAYING SETTINGS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE
Oldsparky

Optimizing your broadband connection

Post by Oldsparky »

I suggest you visit one of two web sites to test your download speed.

www.pcpitstop.com and run internet speed test for up and down.

www.dslreports.com and run speed test.

To optimize your network settings for windows run the tweek test on www.dslreports.com and get three smiley faces at the bottom..Follow their suggestions and then re run test. Dont be afraid to use drtcp but make sure the right network adaptor is displayed in the adaptor window. You must reboot after using drtcp. After your done setting your network rwin then retest speed. I personally prefer the linkline site on dsl reports. The upspeed if less than 120 k will affect your ability to play. My speeds on a wireless internet provider are 450k down and 120k up. Cable usually weighs in at 1100 kbs up and down while a standard dsl will test at 650 down and 120 up in most areas. Get familiar with these two sites as :idea: they are quite good and reliable. The on line full tests and virus scan at pcpitstop are very good and i suggest you add these sites to your favorites.

Sparky
Uncouth<KoR>
FOD
FOD

Post by Uncouth<KoR> »

Hey sparky do you know anyway of making Dail-up faster if there is a way please let me know.
"Hate it or love it the underdog's on top. And i'm gonna shine homie until my heart stops."
Oldsparky

Modem

Post by Oldsparky »

Other than set game max client rate to 2600-3500, no don't know anyway.

Sparky
Uncouth<KoR>
FOD
FOD

Post by Uncouth<KoR> »

Ok cool out of that 2600-3500 max client rate what is best for 56k. More toward 2600 or higher toward 3500.
"Hate it or love it the underdog's on top. And i'm gonna shine homie until my heart stops."