!! Important !!: GAMESPY SHUTS DOWN BY 31st OF MAY – UPDATE YOUR UNREAL.INI !!!!
GAMESPY will shut down. What does this mean for you?
GAMESPY provided an UNREAL MASTERSERVER – better said the last valid Masterserver that had been included within the official patches of UNREAL by Epic. This Masterserver enabled you to find all Unreal servers online. If your Unreal client-version is 226 or lower, you won’t be able to find any unreal server online in the “All Servers List” beyond 31st of May. If you already patched to Oldunreal’s patch 227i, you are on the safe side – some community Masterserver-entries already added there.
If you are still on an old version of Unreal, you should accept our serious advice and prepare your Unreal Installation and support to keep Unreal alive!
What to do?
There are 2 options for you:
- Visit OLDUNREAL.COM and obtain the latest Unreal 227 patch (current version: 227i)
- update your unreal.ini
1. We recommend all players to patch their game to 227i! The OLDUNREAL-TEAM spent many years in keeping up the development of Unreal (OLDUNREAL gained legitimacy directly from EPIC!!) and worked hard on Unreal’s source code to eliminate many bugs of the last official patch that never had been fixed before and furthermore added many improvements to the game, stability and usability. So you can be assured to gain many benefits for free! (We suggest to backup up your current installation of Unreal before you patch to 227i.)
2. If you are not willing to update your unreal game (of course this is your personal decision) or if you want to make sure that your unreal contains the latest Masterserver-Uplinks, please follow this guide: (the current official patch 227i contains some of the community masterservers, but not the very latest. the forthcoming 227j patch will include all masterservers listed below!)
- Open your Windows Explorer and navigate to your Unreal installation (e.g. C:\Unreal)
- Open the folder “System” and find the file unreal.ini (on systems where the option “Hide extensions for known file types” is enabled, you’ll need to look for “unreal” [type: Configuration settings] )
- Backup the unreal.ini file (copy to a new location or copy to the same location and rename the copy e.g. unreal_BACKUP.ini)
- Right mouse click on unreal.ini and select “Open with” \ “Notepad”
- Find the following section and replace the existing entries of this section with the content below:
[view entry in text-file to copy/paste the content to your unreal.ini]:unreal.ini-snippet [UBrowserAll] ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.hlkclan.net,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.hypercoop.tk,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal ListFactories=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,GameName=unreal
if you run an Unreal server, you need to update the Masterserver-Uplinks in the section [Engine.GameEngine]: (as far as the section [Engine.GameEngine] is related, only replace the lines starting with: ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress= )[Engine.GameEngine] ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hlkclan.net MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hypercoop.tk MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900 ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
NOTE: If you need assistance or if you have any questions, please get in contact with us
(email: email@example.com )
written by strategy-(DOG)- Admin